As I watched the officers run down the Hall of Honours today my heart clenched and tears were caught up in my lashes.
The yellow stripes, the crests, the vests...
...I only saw you.
The shouted commands and chaos
...I heard you in the fray.
You weren't there.
Praise be to God.
But I know you could have been.
Each time that you are called to a 'Hall of Honours'
I pray you lead the charge and run with Jesus near.
I pray you run with courage towards the threat when others hide in fear.
I pray your feet be swift, your senses sharp and that your training will not fail.
I pray you will not be a good man that allows evil to prevail.
I pray you never have need to use lethal force but expect you would when duty demands this course.
I pray God will use you to keep our land.
And by His grace, I trust you into His hands.
With deepest love and respect,
Your Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment