Friday, July 6, 2012

Something New

I walked into the yard and nearly forgot to look...couldn't believe what I saw. A finished back yard with sod expertely placed, the kiddie pool rinsed and leaning against the fence to dry and everything in its place.  The house was dark. I was a little confused. What were they doing? Had they fallen asleep on the couch?

The girls were sleeping and my parents were sitting in our living room in the dark.  All the windows open and blinds as well. They were watching the traffic, both car and pedestrian go by, listening to the sounds of our little town. There is a street concert going on so it is more eventful then most.

It was peaceful, they said.

JR is working nights, 8pm-4am. I had a Pampered Chef show.

My parents babysat our children at our house.

I don't think they've ever done that before.

They are here for 48 hours. Dad's already laid the sod in the back yard and tomorrow we (ok, well he mainly) will tackle some dying shrubs and trees in the front yard. He like's to be busy when he comes.

Farmer's are like that.

And a Farmer's Daughter appreciates it.

They haven't been here since last July.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't get to see my family very often.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure to spend time with them, too! Glad they could visit (and help).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love visits by parents. It's hard to live far away.

    ReplyDelete