I usually feel a sense of peace when I arrive by the water.
It didn't come as quick this time.
Perhaps it was the busy week before or the fact that JR and I haven't felt in synch for a while. We are good but a lack of time leads to a lack of closeness.
Perhaps its the two busy children and the 3rd on the way that haven't let me find to pause and breath a moment yet.
Perhaps its just my own unsettled spirit and the things that I'm wrestling with in my heart. It's why I'm blogging now. Thank goodness for iPhones and 3G.
I'm praying that these few days we have together will be a time of refreshing and connecting.
There was a love for JJ tonight that felt a little deeper as I kissed her goodnight. She squealed under a barrage of Eskimo and Butterfly kisses.
Tiny Bear is out standing on the dock with JR. She has her sister's "Cars" fishing rod that makes engine sounds as she casts and has a foamy floaty on the end instead of a hook. He is enjoying many bites and watching her excitement when he reels one in. They don't spend a lot of time together alone so this is precious.
I'm settling in with a Club Soda and a good book, looking forward to tomorrow.
And here come my fishers... I can't wait to hear the tales.
Great post. I think that you and I are in the same boat right now. 2 busy kids, 1 on the way, busy husbands and a slew of other stuff piled on top. Oh, if only we lived closer together...
ReplyDelete