I was in shock.
Shaking.
My brain wasn't keeping up with reality.
What had just happened?
Somehow I'd gone from pregnant to birthing in 5 hours at 38 weeks and 6 days.
I remember holding her, bewildered.
She looked nothing like her sister. All dark with a thick head of hair and gorgeous big eyes. She was a contrast to the baldish blondie that had rocked our world 15 months earlier.
It seems like just yesterday Tiny Bear charged her way into our family.
Baby, you changed my life. I hadn't expected you. I hadn't planned you. If it had been my choice, we wouldn't have had you. Now, don't take it the wrong way. I just didn't think we could handle another baby right then, though my heart longed for more. I've loved getting to know you and am so blessed to have been entrusted with your care for whatever years the Lord gives us together.
I love the way you wrap your little arms around my neck and hug real tight.
I love the way you throw your hand up in a stopping motion and say "No" or "Move" or "Stop" so that you can finish a task without my help.
I love watching you run like a little gazelle. Your hair floats back as you skip and gallop all over the house.
I love that you are your sister's best friend.
I love how willing you are to share.
I love your sensitive heart.
I love you.
Most of all I love the Lord who gave you to me.
Happy Birthday, my Tiny Bear.
This is beautiful! She will so much cherish your sentiments as she grows older.
ReplyDelete