That's right. For the first time in about 12 years I actually have a bedtime.
10pm
No late night exercising, blog lurking, Facebooking, emailing or phone calls. I can't stay up late cleaning til all hours and actually have to plan ahead.
It seems to be working. Not yelling as much, happier to be with my kids, not snapping at John Rambo. He's even facilitating naps for me because I am a much nicer person. We're working together as a family to help Mamma get healthy.
JJ even suggests we pray for "baby Jesus in Mommy's tummy," which translates to praying to Jesus for mommy to be able to have another baby. The other is a little sacrilegious, wouldn't you say? She's 3. I'm sure even Jesus sees the humour in it.
Hopefully this is one step in the right direction.
I also started taking Siberian Gensing as recommended from a few sources. My mom takes it every day and her head didn't ever blow off so I'm guessing its okay for me to take too. Can't hurt, right? I'll double check with the doc when I'm in next.
It still boggles my mind that I didn't put it together before myself:
-the crankiness
-yelling at my children and having NO patience when I used to have lots. It was like someone flicked a switch and I was just angry all the time.
-obvious changes in my cycle (HELLO! Spotting all throughout your cycle can be normal but this was a little extreme - sorry its TMI but what the heck, this blog is anonymous)
-night sweats
-dizziness
-inability to cope with stress
-feeling anxious easily
-changes in body temperature
All of these things though could be attributed to any number of other things that I just hadn't put them all together. I honestly didn't even have time to sit and think about it or analyse. I was just trying to put one foot in front of the other and keep up with the pace of life.
So now we are slowing things down and...look at the time. Its bedtime and I haven't brushed my teeth, so I better skidaddle. Heaven only knows how long it takes to brush with these darn brances!
Who would have thought what a conscious effort it actually takes to slow down.
Its not only a health lesson, its a life lesson.
A faith lesson.
Keeping the Goal in Mind...
JJ, 6 days old

No comments:
Post a Comment