Just to be real clear...
I'm not on some crazy quest right now to have another baby. Yes, we would L.O.V.E to have more children. However I've watched some women in my life completely make their families miserable as they were obsessed with having another baby.
I get it.
I get the desire to have another child.
There is a choice though in how one deals with the situation.
It doesn't mean that my heart doesn't twinge a bit when I hear of other's with babies on the way or that I'm not excited for that to be me again.
I am a realist.
We are so very blessed to have two healthy children. We do feel like our family isn't done yet. Whether that be more biological children or opening our home to other people who will become our family. We don't know that yet. God gave me a desire a long time ago to have a big ol'family. No set number. I love being a wife. I love being a mom. I love being a home manager. Its a high calling.
If anything this last week has forced me to take a good look at where I've set my priorities. I was so busy in the fall that I was not a good home manager and I wasn't attentive to my children. I know that my calling is to be a mom. The Lord is growing that up in me right now as we speak. Analysing where I've been putting my time and recognising that even though the activities were "good" things they weren't always the best.
Taking time to study, learn from other moms and be a good steward of the 2 children I've already been given is top priority in my life right now.
So there it is. For the record.
No comments:
Post a Comment