We've had good days and bad.
Hopeful moments and disheartening ones.
Overall though I feel a peace settling over our home. A still Spirit that reaches down to the depths of my being.
We're going to be okay.
I'm not sure exactly what caused this last slump, but I see glimmers of the old JR every now and then, and I see hope of an even better one then I knew before. I can see the triggers along the way, but I can't say I understand it all. I can't control his choices, but I can control mine. If its my choice I'll be gracious and kind, loving when its hard, and patient when I'm weary.
If all else fails, I'm just trying to count to 3 before I say anything in my "outloud voice." I'm not the most patient person by nature.
Most days I question if I'm really cut out for this job. If I've really got what it takes to be a cop's wife.
If I've really got what it takes to be the wife John Rambo needs.
But I'm not about to let go without a fight.
Thank you all so much for your comments, prayer and support. It has made a huge difference for me to be able to start acknowledging the things I'm seeing right now and start processing them for myself so that I can learn how to walk beside my husband through this dark night.
There is a River
There is a River full of Life
Flowing through this dark night
Step in, My child
And feel My might
Oh let Me carry
You into the Light
There is an Ocean full of Love
Heaven filled for all to come
Stand on the shore
And dip your cup
Oh let Me fill
Fill you up
There's nothing less
No nothing more
That you could ever want for
So take a step
Reach out your hand
And let Me carry you
To the promised land
There is a River
An Ocean full
So you can Live
Live forevermore
Music and Lyrics original to Mrs. Rambo, circa September 2005, the year prior to meeting JR. One or two of them may be off from the original as I was going from memory...
I started reading this book "A CHiP on my shoulder" by Victoria Newman and I think it might help you in this wife life. I thi k it can only be found online right now. You should get it!
ReplyDelete