A little more action is what we've needed around here.
The call came at 3:38a.m. It was a team callout for an area north of us. JR shook off the fog and reported he was going out.
"Do you need anything?"
"Yah, some food."
While he got his stuff together I stood in the kitchen trying to throw some food together for him to take.
The food was in his go bag and I was sent to fetch his camo while he loaded his gear in the TRU so he could drive to the office and grab a PC.
"I love you. Be safe." The standard farewell.
We don't live far from JR's office and as I was about to crawl back into bed the phone rang again.
"I forgot my vest on the bedroom floor. Can you bring it out front?"
It was chilly so I grabbed his vest and threw a fleece jacket on over my jammies. Something was in the pocket! YES!! Tiny Bear's soother. I'd been looking for her backup. I went out the sidedoor and around the house to the front. For living on the main drag it was so very still at 4:00a.m. I heard the police truck before I saw it and ran out to hand him his vest.
He looked good.
It felt good.
It felt good to be needed.
We both needed to be needed tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment