I came across something that I think you all should read. Maybe you already have but it is worth posting again. I found it while blog lurking this evening. I've been sitting in my "office" working on some business things and catching up on blogs at the same time. So from one blog I linked to another and another and finally stumbled on this.
http://www.apolicemanslife.com/2011/02/sgt-russells-wife-speech-must-read.html
Sgt. Russell was killed a number of months ago in the line of duty. I posted about it at the time but I hadn't read his wife's speech until today.
It strikes me to my core as we live in place where I don't fear much for JR's safety...but it rekindles the healthy respect that complacency is a killer so we must all be on our gaurds. I'm not saying that Sgt. Russell died of complacency at all, he died a hero. It is just a reminder as another blogger Meadowlark said "You never know when. You never know how."
**Since I just figured out how to hyperlink in my posts you can read about my previous thoughts on the death of Sgt. Russel here***
With hope that his family is finding some peace, I hope that Sgt. Russel's family knows their loved one made a difference, even in death.
That was indeed powerful stuff. There is always the balancing act between "this could be the last time..." and real life. There will always be a last moment, and the pressure to make it "perfect" or "storybook" or "textbook" is too much.
ReplyDeleteJust make sure that the overall percentage of your life with your cop is good, and let the rest go. We're human too.
Peace, chica. Thx for the shoutout, even if I don't have anything to say. :)