So we had a hot date last night.
Fired off a couple hundred rounds of ammo at the gun club here in town and then over to the local restaurant for supper while our children were being watched by their favourite sitters. We even splurged and rented a movie. This was all thanks to the financial donation from Bank of Mom as an Easter present. She knows that 1/2 the family can't eat chocolate so figured this would be better then sending a basket full. :) I agree.
The shooting was fun. I get frustrated at the range when I'm tired and not shooting well. Yesterday was both. I hadn't been feeling well and was a little low on nutritional intake for the day. I found my arms were tiring quickly and the Glock was harder to handle the usual for me. Its one of my favourites to shoot but I wasn't enjoying it. John Rambo took it upon himself to switch over into his Mr. Firearms Instructor self and teach me the ways of the wise. I didn't want to think about stance and arm positioning, trigger pull and front sights. I just wanted to shoot.
We had a discussion about personal defense and my theory was that if I had to use the gun on someone breaking into are home any shots fired would be better then no shots fired even if they were just in the general direction. I don't need a one inch spread to make someone scared of me.
Then JR brought it home.
"But what if all you can see is a small part of the bad guys head," as he gestured to the center of blue target,"and Tiny Bear's face is right next to it" he indicated sliding his hand over an inch.
My grouping got a lot closer after that.
I wouldn't trust myself to make that shot yet but with more practice I will develop the skill and confidence to do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment