0500hrs - John Rambo came home the other morning after shift. I heard him in the entrance and then softly pad down the carpeted hallway to our room. The door opened and I lifted my head off the pillow to acknowledge he was home. I could see his silhuette against the hall light as he came in and dropped his gun belt on the floor.
"I don't want to alarm you, " said JR, "but I think someone broke into the house."
"WHAT???!!!" I shot up in bed. My mind was racing. Was there someone in the house now? How could I sleep through that? I was fogged with sleep but trying to put this all together. I had just finished reading a novel where this had been the exact premise of the book. Someone had been breaking into this ladies house at night to scare her. Was I dreaming?
"What?" I said again. "How do you know, I mean, someone broke into our house?"
"Yah, its so clean in here!"
I'd put our shoes away in the entrance.
No comments:
Post a Comment