Bottom line when Mrs. Rambo decides to get creative in the kitchen it can go one of two ways in a hurry. A little slice of heaven or to hell in a hand basket and in a hurry.
I started with a Gluten Free Vegetable soup base I had on hand, chopped up tomatoes, peppers, one onion and threw in half a bag of frozen broccoli. Sea salt and peppercorns and it was starting to look promising. In an effort to give the pot more substance I threw in some chopped up Mennonite Farmer Sausage.
Genuine.
As the smells were filling the kitchen the memories came flooding back to my heart. Like I was right back in Grabdma's kitchen. A feeling of comfort stole over me which ever so quickly sunk into
Melancholy.
I've always been like this. Things that bring others comfort or content feelings shoot straight down to my soul, deep, and resurface as intense melancholy.
Depression.
I'm learning to embrace this. It is simply the way I feel.
The soup was amazing. I'm proud of my handiwork. I think my grandmothers would be proud to.

No comments:
Post a Comment