Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Amnesia

This morning, as I was packing JJ's lunch for school I had a whole blog post laid out in my mind.

Something poignant and soul-stirring.

Now it is more then 12 hours later and I don't have a hot clue what I was actually going to say.

This, is why I have had a lapse in blogging.

What I can say is this:

~Tomorrow The Cowboy is 11 months old. He weighs nearly 26lbs and truly is a calf-roper in the making. Filling out his 18-24 month clothes already I have a feeling he will surpass JR's 6'2" frame someday. He nearly eats as much as the girls...combined. I decided today that I was done nursing him as he kept playing around this morning...latching on, unlatching, giggle, and then trying to latch onto my stomach. He wanted an open bar but sorry buddy, this one has a cost. My love only goes so far.

~JJ started school at the beginning of September and it is like she is a different girl now from the one we timidly dropped off at the classroom door.  I love watching her blossom. She has been my "love project" as of late...as in....the child that takes a little more effort on my heart to truly enjoy. It is simply because she is brilliant and I don't have a hot clue what to do with her most of the time. I'm thankful for kindergarten. It is stretching her in a way that I couldn't at home this year.

~Stuck in the middle is Tiny Bear. She is still at home with me for another two years and is an ironically helpful ball of trouble. The adventures are endless and the conversations delightful but the shenanigans...oh the shenanigans.

And JR and I? Well we are hanging in there celebrating 4 hellish and 2 blissful married years at the beginning of November. God is gracious and good. I'm thankful we are on the blissful end now but if it wasn't for the hell I don't know if we would have ever truly understood what bliss was.

There are lots of things on the horizon for us and the goal would be to dive back into the blogging world...however that is tonight, 12 hours from now it may simply be survival.

One can only guess what might be coming next.

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts so much! The children are beautiful and I enjoy how you describe each of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BTR! I love that you comment. :) The plan is to start blogging again. Hopefully more goodies to come.

    ReplyDelete