I was grasping at straws.
JR was unraveling in front of me on his supper break at 2130hrs.
There was nothing I could say and what I tried fell flat.
He left and I crawled into bed to pray. I opened my Bible. We needed words full of truth to cut through the chaff. I continued on my reading Matthew and the the Lord answered my heart.
Reading of the Disciples being sent out...
"Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. Be as wary as snacks and harmless as doves." Matthew 10:16
The rest of the verses read on to say what the disciples would face and it wasn't a pretty picture.
There is no easy road to eternity. As a Christian what we experience here on earth though is the worst it will ever get.
JR is a sheep among wolves right now. I have to trust that the Lord, his shepherd will lead and guide, protect and encourage.
Praying for encouragement today...
No comments:
Post a Comment