Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Shifts

JR works 8s.

There is no rhythm to his schedule.

There are 7 different times he could be starting his shifts.

Days: 08:00/10:00

Evenings: 13:00/16:00

Nights: 18:00/19:00/20:00

Sometimes he works 4 days in a row, sometimes 7, sometimes more. His days off are not consistent. Usually he works one block of shifts on one shift time but it still changes to the extreme of going from nights to evenings to days all in the same set of shifts.

I don't know a different way of life anymore.

Most days we can eat supper together.

1 comment:

  1. Terrible.

    The biggest boon of my agency is regular start times and regular days off. I can be bumped by an officer with seniority once every 45 days, but that rarely happens.

    I have worked with FSS for almost three years with a start time of 1600 hours. Court can change. Special events can cause a different start time, but that has only been three time in the last six months.

    ReplyDelete