Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mrs. Rambo's Rant

Who would have thought something as simple as braces would be so overwhelming! The oral hygiene I'm supposed to have time for now is about 30 minutes more/day then I was doing before.

I am lucky if I brush my teeth twice a week. Now it's supposed to be twice a day?? And flossing with that crazy thing you have to thread around each wire? Are you kidding me?

What??

Don't judge me.

I chewed a lot of mint gum. Every dentist said my teeth were very healthy. The hygienist always says "do you floss?" not, "I can tell you don't floss."

So I must be doing something right. I can't help it If I have a bad bite and grind my teeth at night. My life is stressful. Now I've added some $5700 freakin' accessories that are going to cost me more in time and are a royal pain in the ahh-mouth!

I've lost three pounds in 2 days because I just can't chew anything. Soups, homemade eggnog (without the fun rum) smoothies, yogurt... I'm trying to get in the right amount of calories.

There is simply no pleasure left in food.

No big deal. 12 year olds can do this, so I shouldn't have a problem.

Yah right. I'll be lucky if I don't claw these things off myself by the end of the week!!

I'll post a video if I do.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I know it sucks. FYI, when you get the wires tightened, Boost/Ensure is a good friend, as is pudding and applesauce. They say you can't eat apples or chew gum, but if you cut the apples into slices, and avoid chewy gums like bubblicious, chewing gum is possible. You just have to learn how to move it around in your mouth so it doesn't get stuck. You'll get faster at brushing your teeth/flossing around the wires, too. It just takes time, and it is worth it to not get inflamed gums around the brackets. Soon enough you'll have lovely straight teeth, and you won't regret it for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest can spend 30 minutes before bed brushing her teeth and using her water pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice K. :) And RD, once your youngest is done with her teeth you should send her over here so she can do mine ;)

    I didn't pull my braces off either. Stil slugging along...

    ReplyDelete