Thursday, March 22, 2012

19

Forgive me for posting two rather dismal posts back-to-back. The last one was a rant and I'm adjusting to life with braces. It isn't that bad and rather a convenient First world problem, wouldn't you say?

The second could also be seen as a First world problem as well. So bear with me. I need to process it someplace, so I might as well spill my guts here where I spill everything else.

I'm discouraged.

Each day I have 19 people that I think about, pray about and seek to intentional support to reach their goals and dreams.

I'm blessed to work with such an amazing group of men and women, especially those that are as committed to their business as I am to mine.

The problem is this: I don't know how to encourage in an authentic way when I myself have been so discouraged. I've had a few months of major blows to my business, LOUD naysayers in my life and just a general bombardment of difficulty.

This is probably the most stretching time I've ever gone through in over 6 years with my business.

I know that what I do is valuable to people. I know this business isn't about selling product, but about empowering women(and men, but mostly its women I coach), helping people overcome obstacles in their lives, giving them a place to belong and watching them grow. On a base customer level its helping families in the kitchen and then greater then that its having access to homes and being Christ on a regular basis to people I never would have been in contact with.

*I* see this. There are 19 other people on my team who believe this as well, not to mention all my mentors, trainers, friends, hosts and customers who believe in me.

What *I* don't see is why the onslaught now? Is the push-back coming because I'm on the cusp of something incredible? Or is it coming because my focus needs to shift elsewhere? Is this where God intends to use my giftings? Or is something changing?

I don't know the answer to those quesitons. Not even close. But there are 19 people out there who are counting on me to figure it out.

All I'm praying though is that when *I* end is where He can do His best work.

With the Lord, I am an overcomer.

Lord, I'm done. So can you please take it from here...

1 comment:

  1. This post really touched me. I am going through something similar and I teared up when I read your words.

    I believe good things are to come.

    ReplyDelete