I managed to stay up til 0130hrs last night. For no apparent good reason.
JR came in at 0200hrs. I told him I was freezing cold and shivered to prove it.
The phone rings...in a haze, I realise I am warm. JR's been sleeping beside me for 3 hours.
I hear him putting on his gear as he takes details from dispatch over the phone. He's out the door shortly after. Musta been priority one.
Through the haze I hear him come back in.
Then a baby cries 0600hrs. Get up to make a bottle.
Someone is poking me in the face. 0700hrs JJ gets up and decides to come into our room. I remember her tickling my face with her fingers, then the poking got more violent. So I put her back in her room to play for awhile and went back to sleep.
0800hrs a baby cries again.
The day painfully begins.
There is no good reason to stay up til 0130hrs.
No comments:
Post a Comment