Saturday, October 29, 2011

We wait for you...

Here we are standing in Your Presence
Here we are standing inYour Presence
Shekinah Glory Come Down
Shekinah Glory Come Down

Release the fullness of your Spirit
Shekinah Glory Come
Shekinah Glory Come
Release the fullness of your Spirit
Shekinah Glory Come
Shekinah Glory Come

Shekinah - a word I had never heard until this song. I didn't know what it was. I knew that I wanted it though. There was a tug on my heart for more. A move of the Holy Spirit in my life. To see His presence tangibly all around me. To feel it. To know it. To taste it.





When the glory of the Lord came down and filled the tabernacle for the first
time it must have been an awesome spectacle to behold. God was truly pleased
with His people, not because of their goodness but because their sins were
covered and they were hid in Christ who was to come someday. I believe the
high priest
sensed a sweetness when he encountered the Presence of the Lord
in the holy of holies. The etymology of the dwelling or presence of God is the
Hebrew word Sh'cheenah or as we pronounce it Shekinah. The term Shekinah was
many times used interchangeably with the word God. In the Jewish mind it always
spoke of the fact that He "dwelt in" or "rested upon" those who merited His
favor, whether an individual, a community, or the entire Jewish people.

http://www.bible-history.com/tabernacle/TAB4The_Shekinah_Glory.htm


My blog has been in silence and I've been in waiting. Waiting for the right words to come. Waiting for a way to know how to express in a transparent way what has being going on in our world but also in a way that protects our family. This blog is 'anonymous' in the way that you won't find our personal names connected to it but many friends and family read it.

We've been wading through deep waters. Filled with hurt. Filled with pain. Filled with fear of the unknown. Just when I thought I was about to drown it it another wave washed over me.

A wave of hope, support and love. A wave of change. A wave of faith. A wave of His love.
I stood in church sobbing through worship. I hadn't wanted to go because I knew I would break as soon as I felt a touch of His presence. When I wasn't just only touched and was overwhelmed by a flood of love, I wept as my broken heart was overwhelmed to the point where I thought I couldn't breathe.

Slowly the Lord is bringing us back from the brink of disastor once again. We know this time in our life isn't to break us but to make us stronger. Most days I feel more broken then strength.
Its through that brokeness I choose to believe that the Lord can have His greatness.


Release the fullness of Your Spirit
Shekinah glory come, Shekinah glory come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJzqnW2qDOQ&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could hug you friend. Cling to Him. Let me know if there is anything you need

    ReplyDelete