Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weighing In

JR came up with the great idea of trying the "Dukan Diet," a plan by Dr. Pierre Dukan. He went to a team training event where one of the corporals had lost a lot of weight in the months since the last practice. The reason was the Dukan Diet.

Its trendy these days made infamous by Pippa Middleton and her mother. His book, The Dukan Diet has been popular in European countries for some time now but is only starting to gain popularity as the book was finally published in English only a few years ago.

It works on the premise of 4-phases. 2 phases of weightloss, the Attack phase and the Cruise phase followed by 2 phases to "keep the weight off forever."

Results so far:
In less then 3 weeks JR has dropped 11 lbs and I've dropped nearly 5 lbs. We just have an ol' dial scale so it is hard to be precise. That takes me to a total weightloss of about 35lbs in the last 16 months. Weighing in just under 165lbs I currently weigh less then I ever did in highschool and the only other lower number I can remember is 140-something in grade 4 or 5. I am 5'7".

I may post about our journey more, but its been fun to work on this together with JR. I've been slugging it out on my own for awhile to share the success together and motivate each other is awesome.

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks so we will see what the official weigh in is.

I always get nervous before weigh in days!

No comments:

Post a Comment