Within hours of posting my last blog I already know it was no big deal. There had been a miscommunication at the office. JR's "partner" - and I use that term loosely cause he doesn't actually have an assigned partner and the one he was working with is umm...different? Nice enough guy and all but not the best communicator.
JR hadn't been in the interview room but out on the road someplace without a cell phone. So buddy there called him the radio, told him to call his wife and JR had no way to do that. So not knowing if it was an emergency or not he hightailed it back to the office to call.
I woulda been irritated to.
The subject still stands. I know I'm not the only cops wife who struggles with finding the best way to let our cop be themselves but also know when it is time to tell them to check the cop crap at the door.
So comments, advice, wisdom or stories would still be appreciated.
I dont know all of what is going on. But the last line got me. "Tell them tocheck the cop crap at the door." Um some days you will need to say that nonstop. Othes its like whatever. The point is that for some reason being a cop gets in their blood, and it is not always a good thing. if it is starting to affect things at home then it is time to tell him to knock it off. If you can let it go then let it go. I hope you guys can find the balance. I know we still work on it from time to time, I think they all do.
ReplyDeleteYah, that is kinda where we are at. We have a pretty good balance and JR just needs a reminder now and then. I posted more again today about a bit of our journey because often it isn't what happens in the present but what happens in the present triggers something for me from the past. I'm learning to walk in the present. Because my present JR is kind, sensitive and caring to his family needs. I know my aunt used to have to tell her husband not to argue with her because he was a lawyer and would argue every discussion like a court case. It drove her crazy.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post.