Thursday, February 10, 2011

Home

JJ, Tiny Bear and I arrived home last night after six days away. I don't get to visit my old stomping grounds very often so it was nice to reconnect with family, friends and a few treasured kindred spirits. Our bags are scattered around the living-room floor, the girls are adjusting to being home again and John Rambo is pleased as punch to be coming home to all this cuteness once again.

Anyone that lives away from 'home' knows that going to visit family isn't a 'vacation'. Our schedule is usually jammed with coffee dates, family functions and chalked full of guilt over all the people you simply can't see. We will soon be to the point where we will have to make "family only" visits. Otherwise I feel so bad dumping the girls on my parents while I run around willy-nilly trying to meet up with people.

I'm trying to figure out where to start in on the housework, not to mention that I'm working back-to-back shows starting tonight plus the list of business calls our machine collected that must be returned.

Blogging is at the low end of the priorites right now but I thought it would be nice to post a quick "hello" with a few blog teasers to come:
~Soul Moments, Memories and Milestones
~Mrs. Rambo's "How to Keep Your Cop Alive"
~Hero in the form of a politician

I'll leave you with one chuckle though before I scoot for this busy day:
- I was upstairs getting ready for a friend to arrive for coffee when I heard JJ yelling something downstairs from the kitchen. I figured she was sassing one of her grandparents and I should go deal with the situation. I walked down the stairs to hear her yelling "John...JOOOOHN......JOHN! You okay??" JJ was standing in her highchair while enthusiastically bouncing and calling for my dad. My mother had just finished calling downstairs to let him know that lunch was ready and I guess JJ wanted to make sure he knew. No one in their right mind would be calling my father by his first name like that....unless you are our cute little sassafrass.

My parents are now known respectfully as "Gramma" and "John".

2 comments:

  1. We solved the friends/family issue at husband's place by hosting a potluck one day while we're home. We pay to have the house cleaned (so his mom doesn't have to) and tell everyone "we're here from noon until 9pm-ish. drop by if you can. bring some food if you have extras. We'll throw burgers on the grill and have chips and soda." It has worked well for years... his mom gets to see all the family members as well, so she likes that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.
    Our friends who moved to Texas do the same thing Meadowlark does. When they are home they plan one afternoon where everyone can come visit. That way, if they don't get to see someone, it isn't their fault!

    ReplyDelete