Lying in a hotel room bed by myself, I should be enjoying the time to sleep in but have been awake since 5am. After two years of very interrupted nights I have difficulty sleeping a solid set of hours.
I kidnapped JR for a night in the middle of a stretch of Days On. I needed some time with him. He was pleasantly surprised by the gesture and enjoyed supper out and a relaxing evening at the delightful little hotel in town.
JJ and Tiny Bear are just a short drive away at home with a sitter.
JR is out on an early morning call. I knew this was a good possibility which is why we didn't go further from home. Hopefully he makes it back so we can still enjoy breakfast together.
In the meantime I have no place to be, no diapers to change and no one asking anything of me.
3 more hours til duty calls and my 16 hours off is done.
Aw, that sounds fun. What a good idea. I should do that with Blue...if he ever has a day where he's not work, at a side-job or needing to work on the house :S Maybe in a few years...haha.
ReplyDeletelol...CB, that's why I did it in a middle of a set of day shifts. JR was off at 6pm, I picked him up right from the office, handed him the room key and told him instead of sleeping at home we could sleep there instead. Took him out for supper, relaxed and watched TV at the hotel, went to bed with our cell phones on...he wasn't due to work til 10:00 but did get that one call-out at around 5am. No biggie. He made it back in time to enjoy the continental breakfast with me and then he dropped me off at home and then went to work.
ReplyDeleteIt was worth every penny. :)