Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Regimental Funeral

It was haunting.

The click of hundreds of dress boots on the auditorium floor...

The bag pipes...

The prayers of tradition...

The familiar hymns...

Her sobs as the Commissioner handed her our country's flag...

Her husband in that casket...

Haunting.





2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you guys when I read the headline. My heart stopped until I read over the name and saw the picture. Still, it's a heartbreaking thing. I can't imagine what it must have been like sitting through that funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CB. It is nice to know someone else out there cares too. It was all a little surreal and hits way too close to home. My prayers are with that family and my thoughts haven't strayed far from them today. I hope I'm not the only one either. They can use all the love and support they can get.

    And sitting through the funeral, yes it was stretching, but not nearly as difficult as trying to figure out life after you've lost your spouse.

    ReplyDelete