Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Conversations

Getting ready for a call out before his shift...

Good thing you ate supper

JR - I'll be back in a bit

Hey, there is a PC going around back. Is someone coming to pick you up?

JR - Yes.

Where is your gun? Is it at the office?

JR - Yes.

Are you going to pick it up? Is your vest there too?

JR - Just a call with some 60 year-old drunk guys

Well I don't like you going out to a call without your gun and your vest. Go get your gun and your vest.

JR - K (*a very non-commital "k")

That's stupid. Don't be stupid.

JR walked out the door. JJ, Tiny Bear and I watched from our living room window as he jumped in the waiting truck and drove away.

Elapsed Time: approx. 1 hour and 28 minutes

ring ring

*Call Display: Office Number

Hello?

JR - Yah, everything's fine. Don't worry, I picked up my gun and my vest before we went to the call.

Well I updated our family emergency binder because I was pretty sure you were going to die.

JR - *insert chuckles* Okay. Well I'll call you later.




At least he takes my advice....

1 comment:

  1. That would make me feel very uneasy as well! I'm glad our officers have those things to keep them safe. It brings me a bit of peace of mind on those long lonely nights when Blue is dealing with drunks and gangs.

    ReplyDelete