Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Firsts

I thought it was a booger...

....but discovered Tiny Bear had shoved purple Play dough up her nose.

After much yelling, screaming, and wiggling I finally disrupted JR from his morning snooze and got him to use his restraining skills so I could get that stuff out of her nose. I finally came up with the ingenious idea of swaddling her up tight like a wee babe in a bed sheet. JR had to hold her head still. (I had a recollection of how I had been restrained when I was 4 or 5 while getting stitches in my chin.)

The tweezers didn't work because they just squished off a tiny bit.

Finally I remember the nose sucker thingermabobber I had for clearing out the girls noses when they were little. Did the trick...

...then she snorted out the rest!

YES! We rock. Success.

Poor kid. "Play dough, done!" Was all she said afterwards. She sat and cuddled in my lap for a long time. The effort of resisting us had taken all her energy.

JR still figures it coulda just stayed in there.

Good thing she has a determined Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment