Friday, January 6, 2012

Bliss

JR got approved for some vacation time. We are going to be whisking away on a sun-filled vacation.

The honeymoon we never had.

Now its the planning and deal-hunting that have our attention.

Our first week-long trip without the children since we had children! The most time we've spent alone without our children has been two nights. Once.

You have got to love a Sargent who not only recommended JR get some counselling in the fall and sent him off to a wonderful one, but in the next breath said, "You need to take your wife someplace nice without the kids."

Dreaming of a warm vacation....

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't actually have "huge, incredible fantasy dreams." This isn't 'second honeymoon pressure' just that we never had a first honeymoon. We did a really short road trip and decided to go away on a nice trip together someday after we were married...two babies later, it is finally happening.

    To me *bliss* will be just not having to look after two small children for a whole week, read a book lying on the beach someplace, have someone else clean the room I'm staying in...

    So in response to your comment I don't feel anyone has pressured anyone in this relationship and we are just looking forward to going away together. Something new. Something different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you didn't have to delete it. I get what you are saying. I know JR needs time to decompress just as much as I do. I wasn't upset by your comment at all. I'd prefer that you not delete it and keep posting. I was just clarifying my post, that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too late. Dang. :(

    OK.. for the record I mentioned about being careful with the too much pressure...

    Those of you who don't know, I've been married 27 years, 16 of those law enforcement, 11 of them military. I'm a former Marine, married to a former Marine. In general, I share the trials and tribulations of *my* life, hoping to help ya'll avoid running into the same pits. I know you'll think of totally NEW pits to fall into, but still....

    For those of you who DO go on vacation, the original post was "Don't put too much pressure into it". Dont' think "wow, this'll be a second honeymoon"... "he'll be all romantic".... "we'll reconnect and make things better". When I bet what'll happen is someone will get mad about the amount of money being spent, someone will be upset that the department functions quite well without him, someone will be crabby because the kids are not mentioned often enough... in general, it'll be awkward and difficult but there WILL be some amazing moments in the meanwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that does sound fun and relaxing. I hope you find a nice, warm, sunny place to recharge, eat great food, and have fun with just the two of you. For the record, I recommend cruises (you get to see two or three warm places, and have your every whim catered to while on board - hello spa!) and Orlando, Florida, was pretty awesome too. Not too far from both the ocean and the Gulf (apparently the swimming is better on the Gulf side), and they have the monorail and Epcot, which was really fun. Just suggestions though :)

    ReplyDelete