Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Choices

This week has been better. I've just had to be okay with making different choices. Choices like deciding not to run myself into the ground trying to earn a trip. Choices like focusing back on the people around me and what they need. Choices on not just making it through the day and living for the morning but trying to live that day well.

Some choices have been good. Some have been healthy. Some have been hard. Some have been sad.

Some haven't been so great. Like some how I've managed to gain 7 lbs instead of continuing to maintain and the healthy weight I had achevied. Some how I decided it was okay to start sabatoging myself. Now I'm dealing with the results of those choices. I chose to focus on my business instead of working out. Now after two months I'm struggling to get back on track.

Choices.

There is always a resulting situation from every choice we make.

We either reap the blessing or the consequences.

Sometimes I think I view life as far too black and white.

Right now I'm reaping both the blessing and the consequence of making some choices during a rough time. I'm packing up the girls and heading to visit my family for a few weeks. It will be a wonderful time of rest and I know that I need it but it means leaving JR behind for a bit. I made this decision back in October when I thought I might need the break...more from him then anything else. Now the consequence is that I'm leaving a husband behind that I'm more in love with today then I was before. Before when I thought we had it together.

But I guess that could be a blessing too. A lesson too.

Choices matter.

"Chose this day whom you will serve"

1 comment: