We're going on nearly 10 days now since I've seen JR. In the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. We've been apart for longer since we've been married.
This time though it is actually bothering me, as I've posted before.
Today we didn't get much chance to talk at all. A couple minutes in the morning and a few now but he was out with some other officers so it wasn't like we were going to have an in-depth conversation.
The new cell phone issued by his detachment is horrible. It is so hyper-sensitive it sounds like there is a monsoon in my ear every time he breathes. The reception is patchy at best even though he is in a major city, so generally over the last 10 days we have had really poor communication. Usually he sounds like he is talking in a tin box. Phone conversations are stilted, unemotional and lousey. I'd almost rather just go without talking to him at all.
Its taking its toll.
Hang in there, lady! It's over soon, (I think?) I totally relate on the phone conversations. I can always tell when Gumshoe answers the phone and other officers are around...it's not even worth having the conversation! Hope this last bit goes by quickly for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mrs. G! We're going to make it. Two more nights. I really still am astonished this has been so hard. Oh well, lessons learned. I guess I really do need my husband. :)
ReplyDeleteWow thats a long time. Sound like he needs to put in for a day of Annual Leave.
ReplyDeleteAnd be careful with him calling home on work phone. Defense attorneys are subpoena-ing those records.
Mr. Police Man - his sarge suggested he takes some time, find a grandma to watch the girls and take off with me for a couple of days. I totally approve of that idea.
ReplyDeleteAs to calls on his 'work' phone - we were talking when he wasn't on shift. At our last posting it was actually expected that he would be calling home from his cell phone and they basically weren't restriced in its use but it came with the strings attached that they carried it everywhere and would be available to answer whenever duty called, even on days off.