Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One of those Mondays.

What a day. I don't even want to blog about it because it was just 'one of those days'. After trying to register to vote and then vote with a 1 and 2 year-old, grocery shopping with two screaming children and then having JR call to tell me his shift schedule changed I was just about done. I didn't even know if I voted for the right person, I had a baby hollering at me while I was trying to bring groceries in from the car and JR called right in the middle of it all.

I really try to be postive about JRs job. The schedule changes are usually manageable. I don't usually have stuff to even post in the "Friday's Frustration" column of this blog. Yesterday though I really coulda cared less that his job is important though because mine is too. With less then 48 hours notice he switched from days to working nights tonight and tomorrow, leaving me in a lurch to find a sitter because I'm working tomorrow night too.

There is so much brainspace taken up with scheduling everything around JR as it is that when I get it all lined up and then it changes on a moments notice like this I get upset.

I wish I was the kinda wife that would just say "Way to go. I guess you better find a babysitter for the girls for Wednesday night because they were your responsibility."

But I'm not. I'm an "Okay, well I guess I have to figure this out," kinda wife.

My life always takes a backseat to his job. Right now, today, this bother's me. As soon as I find someone to watch my children tomorrow night it won't bother me anymore. But right now I just need to vent.

On the bright side, JR did offer to take the girls with him to work and put them to sleep in cells. I don't know how you would write up a prison record for a two year old but I'm sure he could figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment