I was playing with JJ and Tiny Bear on the floor the other day when JJ walked up to me, hunch over a bit, reached forward and reached for me face with her little hand.
I sorta pulled my head back. The girls are always grabbing for my glasses when I'm wearing them.
JJ was determined and she grabbed my chin with her thumb on the top and little fingers cupped around the bottom. Her hand was so sweet and warm on my face.
Then she turned my face to be more direct with hers, narrowed her eyes and tilted her head forward saying
"Wook'et Me", in a whispered, raspy voice.
"What?" I started giggling"
"Whisten," she said again in the same voice, "Whisten to me."
Then she jabbered off in some sort of odd 2 year-old-language. So I turned my head to release her grip, but she held fast, putting pressure on me to turn my head back.
"Hey, whisten," she said.
The scene very closely mirrors a regular one in our house when I have to get JJ's attention by actually taking hold of her face, gently turning it towards me and giving succinct directions.
"JJ. You need to listen to me. No, JJ. Don't look away. Look into my eyes," I will tell her because she will not listen until I have her full attention. Its effective. Up til that point she will just completely ignore whatever I'm saying until I find myself yelling and I hate yelling.
I wish I could get her on video doing this because it cracks me up every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment