Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breaking the Bank

You know that shiny pink pig sitting in the corner of the room? The one teaming with money just waiting for an oppurtunity to be smashed open?

Oh, you have one?

Good for you...cause we don't.

And we just bought windows for the entire main floor of our home.

Its a good investment. Its a bit of a stretching one. Even though I was the one who really pushed to do everything up front (it was going to cost us thousands more if we did them all seperately) it was still a bit of a lump in my throat as we wrote our first cheque. Praise the Lord for tax refunds though!

We've really been keeping on track well since we started watching our pennies. I coupon!

I
DUG
THROUGH
SOMEONE
ELSE'S
TRASH
TO
GET
COUPONS!!!

Okay, it wasn't that dramatic. I just grabbed all the flyers that everyone had thrown out at post office. :D

We've been getting ahead, staying on budget, saving money wherever we can...
...Our power bill was only $22 last month. It was over $100 the previous month. What was the difference? I turn out all the lights now. I watch tv in the dark...hahahahahaha. I don't leave a light on for the night when JR is working nights.
...changed our banking set-up to pay less fees
...cut the grocery bill nearly in half
...now that its warm outside I walk wherever I can
...we don't eat out
...JR and I don't have regular date nights out anymore. We try to have them in. :)
...I bake and cook everything myself that I possibly can
...and the list goes on...

You name it, I'm doing it. Not because we are "poor" by any stretch of the imagination. We are incredibly blessed actually. We just want to be good stewards with what we have.

I don't want to be entering retirement wondering how I'm going to pay off debt! I want to get rid of it now. Pay our home down as much and as quickly as possible and not incurr anymore debt.

That was until we needed to get our windows replaced....

GULP!

No comments:

Post a Comment