Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sitting in front of the computer, he didn't look much like a cop yet. I could tell from his mood that he was totally in cop mode though and it didn't even take putting on the subtle low profile uniform to make me notice. I picked it out already while he checked his email in long johns and an undershirt.

The navy pants tucked into his military style boots, with the same shade top and ball cap made for quite a look. I could tell he was on edge but in a really good way. He probably didn't want to let on how excited he was as he traipsed through the house collecting his gear. This is a day he has been looking forward to for a long time.

I went to hug him goodbye. That's what was different. I couldn't figure it out why the look was off but today he was wearing a kevlar inner vest instead of the normal body armour on the outside.

I chastised him for walking around the house with his boots on even though I secretly admired the way he looked this morning.

Overnight training scenario. Should be fun. I can't wait to hear how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment