Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Confessional

0032hrs

Its my birthday.

Its my birthday and I don't really care.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bitter about it and I'm sure it will be a fine day. I'm a realist. I'm not expecting it to be any different then any other day. JR will be working a night shift and I'll be doing the usual. That's okay by me.

I promised myself I'd be in bed already and that I'd stop cleaning by 0000hrs. At that point though I was so close to having the house back into some semblance of order that I had to push through for my own satisfation. JR is gone for a few more hours and I'm a night owl. If we didn't have children I would stay up until he was home from his shift doing my work and then sleep on his schedule with him. However, as of right now, I have put in a 17.5 hour day and I'm on call all night. It means I can't indulge in the zombie like state I've now entered into and continue to do some major cleaning on our home. I already managed to clean out and organise 4 major cupboards in the kitchen, 3 smaller ones and started in on another one. That plus wiping noses, changing diapers, dealing with melt-downs a plenty, grocery shopping, hauling books downstairs, holding sick babies, referring fights over toys...

My birthday wish would be that Tiny Bear would sleep through the night. JR could hang some shelves for me in the laundry room so I could continue organising things and JJ could go back to being the lovely little lady that I had last week instead of the savage she has been since we put her in a big girl bed and gave Tiny Bear the crib on Tuesday.

There.

That would make it the perfect birthday.

A nap would be the cherry on top.

Happy Birthday to me.

0047hrs

2 comments:

  1. I'd sing it, but nobody wants that. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lt. For both, the birthday wishes and not singing ;)

    ReplyDelete