http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2011/01/12/16854896.html
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2011/01/12/russell-death-reaction.html
There are no words to give to a family that mourns. There is nothing to write that can take away the pain of losing someone they love.
It makes my heart lurch for the instant second that I personalise it and then sad for the family that is living our worst moment.
A snowplow.
No guns, knives, drugs, drive by shooting, domestic gone wrong, stakeout, highspeed chance... none of the things we think of to attribute to a police officers heroic passing.
Just a crazy bare-footed man who stole a snowplow and went on a rampage.
And now tonight there is a family out there without a son, husband, brother, father and friend.
Cops are people too. It hurts when they die too.
A Hero took on a snowplow.
Would you have done it too?
I've been following this story as well. So sad. I hate that people get so angry with cops when they are out there every day putting themselves in these situations. I hate that it takes one of them losing their life for people to stop and thank them for the work they do.
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking about his little boy.
CB - that is exactly what I keep thinking. Its like JJ not having a Dad anymore. That breaks my heart.
ReplyDelete