Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Frustrations: Edited Version

This blog's self-appointed editor, John Rambo, took it upon himself to point out that I was getting too wordy and detailed in my posts. Respectfully I will listen to his advice. He's a pretty big deal around here. I *may* have pouted a bit. I love being wordy and detailed. So here is a repost of yesterday's frustration.

Cops bring out the stupid in us all.

Wal-Mart

John Rambo, Baby JJ and I were in the city for a day of shopping. While in the store we bumped into a couple that I knew but hadn't seen in probably four or five years. In fact I didn't even know they lived remotely close to us. We exchanged the usual pleasantries and small talk. Suddenly Mr. Socially Awkward hustles up to John Rambo and with a waggling brow says,

"Hey, did you hear about those cops that got killed?"

John Rambo questioned Mr. Socially Awkward about what exactly he was referring to and it was an incident that had happened more then two years prior to this unfurtunate conversation.

John Rambo replied, "Yep"

The conversation died after that and we did our best to end the encounter politely with him and his missus.

Seriously?? That is all you could come up with to talk about? You don't even know John Rambo and the first time you talk to him you bring up cops being killed and report it like the lateset hot buzz? Not only that but you are two years late! Did you ever even stop to think that this was something that John Rambo could have been involved in or that we as a family were affected by?

Though not directly involved John Rambo and his colleagues were very impacted by this tradgedy. It hit very close to home.

Way to go Mr. Socially Awkward. Way to bring something up that cops have to get drunk to talk about, wives worry about and kids cry that their cop parent won't come home.

The next time you bump into a cop and his family trying to have a leisurely day do us all a favour and

Don't Be Stupid.

Next week's installment of Friday Frustrations: Hypervigilant cops and how it affects wives that blog :P

No comments:

Post a Comment